A Greener-Cleaner Workplace: 5 Tips to Help You Pick a Cleaning Company
Here at OpenWorks we have made a commitment to educate and help guide consumer and employers to safer and healthier green cleaning products and methods. We started this commitment by filling you in on some frightening facts about common cleaning products. Go here to catch up on that information if you missed it.
Last week we brought you 5 tips to help you live a healthy lifestyle in the office. Now we’re back to wrap up our ‘greener-cleaner workplace’ series with 5 tips for qualities your cleaning company should possess to make your office safe and healthy.
5 Tips to Help You Pick a Cleaning Company
- Make Air Quality a High Priority – A recent EPA study concluded that toxic chemicals in household cleaners are three times more likely to cause cancer than outdoor air. Additionally, consistent exposure to other dangerous elements (like asbestos) has been linked to cancer and mesothelioma. Make sure your internal and/or external cleaning team has the resources to check HVAC/ventilation systems and control air quality.
- Go Green with LEED Certified Cleaners – It’s important to make sure that the cleaning crew who maintains your building is LEED certified. The US Green Building Council ensures LEED certified facility management teams are up to speed on best practices regarding green cleaning. Help the environment while keeping your staff healthy.
- Don’t skimp on Cleaning Technology – Commercial cleaning experts are investing considerable time, money and resources to improve health and quality. Technological advancements, like sprayer nozzles that reduce chemical releases, are making a big difference. Invest in modernized cleaning equipment to take advantage.
- Establish a Cleaning Policy with Employees – All of the changes you make as an employer will be compromised if your staff neglects to follow suit. Educate your employees on the damaging effects of cleaning products and create a policy that restricts and/or bans their use.
- Hire a Proven Cleaning Company that Values Health and Open Relationships – Trust a commercial cleaning and facility maintenance company who uses only safe, environmentally sound products and understands green cleaning techniques. Make sure they work with you to understand your specific needs.
OpenWorks takes pride in providing the greenest cleaning option to our customers. We share these tips and statistics to our customers and readers so they too can be aware of the dangers of commonplace cleaning supplies. Be sure to share them with your friends, family, co-workers, or employer. The more who know, the safer we can make our working environments!