So many people focus on the future, and while having a plan in place is important, it is equally important to never forget to learn from the past. Your experiences speak volumes about your future actions so don’t be afraid to look back on past performances and reflect. Understand that all previous jobs were not experienced in vain. Prior jobs provide entrepreneurs with innovative ideas and tips on how they can keep their business afloat.
Maintaining a thirst for knowledge and success, learning from mistakes, and remaining persistent are some of the most important life experiences that will prepare you for owning your own business/franchise.
- Previous Jobs-
- Food Industry- From cooking endless meals in a hot compacted kitchen to placing orders from rude hungry customers, the food industry will teach you a lot about handling intense situations in high-pressure environments. Correcting wrong orders and dealing with customer complaints ultimately enables you to inherit sharper problem-solving skills and makes you quicker on your feet.
- Retail & Sales- Most seasoned retail and sales employees can read a customer’s profile based on their needs and matches them perfectly with the corresponding product. This adaptive skill will take entrepreneurs far in the business/franchise realm because they have experience successfully making sales to customers from all walks of life.
- Customer Support- Customer service reps endure the most unsatisfying sides of people daily — this experience will give you the composure needed in a highly competitive environment. Retaining a disgruntled customer without sacrificing your poise will prepare you for practically any customer challenge you encounter down the road.
- Thirst for Knowledge-
- There is no better investment than an education. Invest heavily in your education, but only on things that truly interest you. You can never have enough information, education is a lifelong process and it doesn’t end when the class does. Continue to feed your brain about things that can help your business grow.
- With ambition comes passion so make sure that your business is in a field that your heart agrees with so that you always look towards the future when inspiring to be a successful business owner. Surround yourself with innovative thinkers and continue to be hungry for better business ventures that way your business lives on long after you’re gone.
Owning a business or franchise is not going to be easy, thousands of entrepreneurs will hear no before they are given the chance to succeed. It is important that you believe in your dream and works hard enough to conquer all obstacles regardless of how many times you face adversity.
OpenWorks is guided by a simple philosophy: A cleaner, safer and healthier environment means a more productive workplace. For more information on how OpenWorks can benefit your facility, visit our website here.